Tuesday, September 15, 2009

I got my motivation back!

I apologize for being a miserable, un-motivated pile of poo these past few days. The whole getting a new computer thing has slowed me down a bit. It just added to the stress that was piling up from my classes at school and such. I was also stressing about the lack of weight loss and lack of working out. But... as always, your suggestions and comments helped me. Thank you.

I came up with a solution, as I always do. Everything always works out one way or another.

SOLUTION TO LACK OF MOTIVATION= SIGN UP FOR A NEW GYM.

I had a heart to heart talk with my roommate (best friend) about my lack of motivation and blah blah blah...

Long story short... she and I both decided to check out a gym that is 15 minutes away from our school. The name of the gym is, "Fitness 4000" . We went there this afternoon and walked into the doors... We were very kindly greeted by a woman at the desk who said that she would be happy to give us a free tour of the gym. Man was it a nice gym!! They have millions of cardio machines, each with their own tv with cable and a cd and dvd player! All you have to bring are your own headphones! SWEET! They also offer tanning, steam room, sauna, showers, lockers, stretch rooms, weight lifting, 2 free personal training sessions with the membership and ..... CLASSES. YAY!

The only bummer is... the membership is 69.95 PER MONTH. YIKES! And for 3 months.. it's 199.95! DOUBLE YIKES!

BUT... it's a great gym. Seems very clean. They offer DANCE classes, ZUMBA, spin, turbo kick (which I have NEVER tried..), yoga, step, and body pump.

We both got the schedule for when the classes are offered and it looks like we are able to go to 1 class per day Monday-Wednesday. Then, I go home for dance on Thursday. So, that is a good 4 days of working out... (FUN working out too!)

YAY IM EXCITED!! I start on MONDAY!!! WOOHOO!!! YAYAYAY! =)

NOW.... I need to find... a job ... and not only a job... but a job that hires people who can only work on friday and saturday when I am home... OH BOY.

Until next time,

Karla =)

P.S. Thank you again for all of your comments. Really, I appreciated every one of them and am keeping them ALL in mind. Thank you. =)

5 comments:

  1. Alright, great job! I need to find my motivation again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you!~Make sure you ask for a student or locals discount. See if they would wave any fees... its a buyers marker & it never hurts to ask! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. when i lacked motivation, i signed up for les mills pump classes.one of those best decisions i could have ever made.so good luck to ya. have fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats great that you found a gym you like. I too have been lacking motivation lately and so signed up for a gyn 1 min. away from work so now I can do yoga during my lunch hour! Keep up the good work! I'm Hua, the Director of Wellsphere's HealthBlogger Network. I've been searching the web for quality health blogs and am thrilled that I found yours. Wellsphere visitors find relevant content and answers to their questions in one place, without having to wade through hundreds of search engine results to find what they want. We provide the platform that allows over 6 million users a month to connect, network, and find quality information.

    I think your blog would be a really great addition to the Dance Community. I invite you to join and find more information about us at http://www.wellsphere.com/health-blogger.


    Thanks for all the hard work you put into this! Feel free to email me if you have any questions.

    Best,
    Hua
    Director of Blogger Networks
    hua [at] Wellsphere [dot] com
    twitter.com/wellsphere

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ya You! I think you'll love the classes! You're probably used to classes from dance...my advice is just remember they're not a competition. Listen to your body and have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete