Sunday, September 6, 2009

Put a Smile On.....

...IT'S TIME TO PERFORM!


Yup! That's right! I have a dance performance tomorrow! YAY! I'm excited!


My dance school is walking in the Labor Day Parade in Connecticut where I live. We really won't be doing too much walking since we will be dancing most of the way down!

We get to do 32 counts of whatever we choose... therefore... everyone who comes to dance will be doing something totally different than everybody else. It actually looks kind of cool even though most would think it would probably look like chaos.

I am so excited and I already know what my 32 counts are going to be! Yeah.... I'm a little obsessive. =D

Anyway, I can't wait. My Aunt and Mom will be performing in it too since they both dance. And, my whoooole family will be watching the parade from lawn chairs at my brother's friends house. Luckily, he happens to own a house right on the parade route. So, it works out very nicely.

After I am done dancing in the parade, I will head over to his house and they will be BBQ-ing. I am sooo excited!

Mrs. Lathrop (my 94 year old dance instructor/owner of the dance school) has been in the hospital for several weeks with a blood clot. She is now doing much better and was released into a health care building for some rehabilitation. But....supposively... she is going to be in the parade as well. She usually rides in the back of a convertible and waves to the on-lookers.

SO...that is what I will be doing on my day off from school. =)

Hope you all have amazing holiday weekends for those of you who celebrate this holiday!

Until next time,

Karla =)

P.S. BE SURE TO CHECK BACK THIS COMING WEEK FOR RECIPES. I HAVE SOME YUMMY RECIPES THAT I WILL BE MAKING AND POSTING ABOUT THIS WEEK!! =)

2 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful performance. I think it is incredible that your relatives are also dancing. My kind
    of people!!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you had a great day!! And can't wait for those recipes!!

    ReplyDelete