Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Some thoughts...

I have been thinking lately about thingsss. Like, my reasons for wanting to be healthy and lose weight. I get a lot of people always saying..."You don't need to lose weight.... Why do you complain about your weight, you're fine.. "

Family, friends.. it happens a lot. It keeps me questioning whether I should be losing weight... am I crazy.... am I not supposed to lose weight or something... hmm..

My reasons for losing weight are not because I think I'm huge or because I think I am hideously ugly or anything.

My reasons for losing weight are...

-I want to be healthier.
-I want to be able to feel better in tight dance costumes.
-I want to feel better when I dance.
-I want to be a Rockette one day.
-I want to be the best dancer I can be.
-I want to be the best me.


Didn't get to the gym today. Don't feel well still. I'm sore from my step/dance class. So, I decided to recover from my hovering cold and soreness so that I can dance tomorrow in my regular dance class.

The Biggest Loser was wonderful. They definitely beat Week 2 in the butt. They all were so happy when they beat that 150 lbs. It was awesome to see. I like Abby. Her story is so sad, yet she is still so strong. I also like the 19 year old blonde. Her name escapes me. But, she's an inspiration to me. =)

All for now,

-Karla =)

3 comments:

  1. I think your reasons for loosing are great- and if you have a question about how much you should lose you can always check in with your WW leader -they are a great resource.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I've been reading your blog for a while but never posted. It's a great blog!

    All your reasons to lose are great. You have to do it for yourself. I cannot judge your entourage but sometimes, people say:"you shouldn't lose weight" or "you're fine like this" because they are seeing you overcoming their own struggle and it makes it that much harder for them to get the courage to do what you are doing. It can quite simply be envy.

    On a side track note, I envy you to know how to dance. I have two left feet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In my thinner days I got many of the "why are you trying to lose weight?" comments too. I'm finding that my head is fat regardless of whether or not my body happens to match it at a given time. Keeping track of healthful eating and exercise with a specific weight goal in mind seems perfectly practical to me, esp. if you have a physical goal in mind (like dancing for a living).

    ReplyDelete