Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Terrific Tuesday!

Today was a good day. Stuck to my points. Today was a lower day. I ate some Fat-Free chili with tortilla chips for dinner. It was good! I really want to upload all of my recipes and have them on a sidebar on my blog...but I don't know how to do that. When I figure it out, I will do it!

I walked 2 miles today with my roomie. It gave us 4 activity points! We did a shorter pilates session today (only 15 min) but it gave us 1 point, which was nice!

I get to sleep in for a little while tomorrow, yippee!

Here is the cake that I made for my BF's Dad that no one ended up eating... =(
I just brought it there and brought it back home... but I enjoyed it anyway..

It looks pretty tasty doesn't it? Want the recipe? Here-

Cocoa Marble Bundt Cake-
2 1/4 cups unbleached flour
3/4 cup oat bran
1 1/3 cup sugar (i used splenda)
1 tablespoon tapioca
1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
1 2/3 cup nonfat buttermilk
2 egg whites
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 cup chocolate syrup
1/4 cup cocoa powder

Glaze-
1/3 cup confectioners sugar
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
2 teaspoons skim milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

1. Combine the flour, oat bran, sugar, tapioca, and baking soda, and stir well. Add buttermilk, egg whites, and vanilla and mix well. Remove 1 cup of the batter and mix with the chocolate syrup and cocoa powder.
2. Coat a 12 cup bundt pan with cooking spray. Spread 3/4 of the plain batter evenly in the pan, top with the chocolate mixture, and add the remaining batter.
3. Bake at 350 for 35-45 minutes. Cool cake in pan for 20 minutes. Invert onto a wire rack and cool.
4. To make glaze, combine ingredients and mix well. Drizzle on cake. Let sit before serving.

Makes 16 servings... points per serving- 3!See those strawberries? That was inspiration from an awesome blog that I follow. Thank you Gina from Gina's Weight Watcher's Recipe's. The strawberries were a huge hit!

Hope everyone's day was spectacular!

Until next time,

Karla =)

4 comments:

  1. This is lovely and a great idea!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great cake! I can't believe they didn't eat it! They must've had some serious discipline cause I would've had probably 3 or 4 pieces :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Out of curiousity, why didnt they eat that mouth-watering cake?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha- I wish I had the answer.. it just sat there longing for someone to eat it... =(

    But its gone now. =)

    ReplyDelete