Thursday, April 9, 2009

It's Thursday, HORRAY!

You know, I wait for Thursdays ALL week! I love Thursdays because I get to go back home to my own room, my own space, my own things. I get to go home and dance, which is another plus! Things at my apartment haven't been going as peachy as I would like. I feel like I am everyone's maid! Well, all except one...MYSELF.

Yesterday was my high points day and I know that I shouldn't be filling up on sweets and the whole 9... but usually I will treat myself with something during the course of the day. This time, my roommate who is on WW with me and I went to Friendly's to get a plain old chocolate milkshake. Yeah it was like 12 points, but I needed it.

But, my day was also filled with great recipes.. I made buffalo chicken fingers (which I highly recommend!) I looove buffalo chicken and I found this recipe off the WW site. I also love it because it's super easy! Pictured to the right of my plate =)


I also created my own little simple recipe for Balsamic Chicken. Pictured toward the bottom of my plate =) I cut 2 chicken breasts into little chunks of chicken and put about half a cup of Balsamic Vinaigrette into a skillet and heated it up to medium high. Then I just put the chicken in, and flipped them at about 3 minutes to cook the other side. SO GOOD, and SO MOIST! It was great! It serves 2 at only 6 points a serving!


Okay, I have a quick little story now...

Too make a long story short..I have been dating my BF for 5 years (6 years in June!) and for all 5 years, I have not gotten along with his parents or family...ever. They aren't really "people" people. If you know what I mean. They like keeping to themselves and I don't think they appreciated me barging into their lives. Although, his grandmother seems to like me, which is a plus! I've had really hard times with this issue, and everything blew up in my face a few weeks before I joined WW and started this blog. His parents just got on my last nerve and I haven't seen any of them sense. Of course, I still see one of his sisters because I dance with her.. Anyway, for the first time in 5 years, I have been invited to have Easter dinner with them. I think they got the hint that they rubbed me the wrong way and I'm kind of hoping that they are trying to make up for it.. we'll see. Anyway.....here is my question for all the bloggers that read this.... Does anyone know a decent "diabetic-friendly" recipe for a dessert?? I want to bring a dessert with me because I feel weird not bringing anything. My BF's Dad is a diabetic, so any ideas would be helpful. I have an idea in mind for a chocolate marble cake but I would have to use Splenda. I was just curious if any of you had any ideas? I also hear Splenda isn't good for you? I don't know! Help! LOL!

Until next time..

Karla =)

2 comments:

  1. First of all...I'm not quite sure how I feel about splenda. It is good for you in the sense that it is a very low calorie substitute for sugar and it does well in baking products. BUT its also not natural etc etc etc. I think in small doses its ok. Especially when compared to the other crap people eat today...but that's my opinion :)

    In other news, Good luck with Easter and thank you so so so much for your encouraging words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the exact same way about Splenda.. so I'm glad someone thinks just like me about it!! I think I am going to still use it though, I guess it's ok in small amounts like you said. Thanks for your opinion!!

    ReplyDelete