It took us about an hour and a half to get to NYC. The traffic wasn't too bad, and we were able to find a parking space at the South Street Seaport. We hung around there for awhile and took pictures with the Brooklyn Bridge in the background. No one was around, so it was basically just us. It was nice, and the water looked so pretty because the sun was reflecting on it. It was a gorgeous morning but DAMN was it cold!! AND SOOO WINDY TOO!!!!
Then we walked up to Times Square and went to the place where we wanted to eat. It's called Mars 2112...I had heard of it before and had kind of always wanted to check the place out. We checked their website before heading to NYC just to make sure where it was and when we got there, it was completely vacant and looks like it was shutdown.....we were so bummed!! It is supposed to look like the planet Mars. Not that I would know what that looked like, but I was excited because I totally love those cheesy themed restaurants!! Oh well.... we picked the next best place and that was the Stardust Diner!! I love it there because my dance class is called the Stardusters.. so I always thought that I should work at the Stardust Diner! In case none of you know what the diner is, basically the waitresses and waiters are REALLY good singers. They sing tons of Broadway showtunes while you eat. A tad on the cheesy side, but they are pretty good singers and the BF and I had a great time.
Here is my BF with the empty milkshake glasses....boy were they gooooood!
We went to the Hershey store, which was right nearby where the Naked Cowboy was, and look what I found... I found a 5 pound Hershey Bar. People, this bar was 25o calories for 1/50 of the bar. That means that this whole entire bar of chocolate is 12,500 calories!!!!!! WOW!! And I plugged in the Calories, Fat, and Fiber into my WW POINTS calculator, and guess how many points it was...............306 POINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anyway, here is the BEST part of the whole day.... I WALKED VERY BRISKLY FOR 16 MILES! AND...according to my BF's pedometer, we walked a total of 31,254 steps!!!! It took us another 2 1/2 hours to get all the way back from midtown Manhattan (about 55th street) all the way back down to the South Street Seaport. Those stoplights are a pain in the butt though because every few blocks, you are constantly stopping for traffic. But we walked so briskly that the BF kept asking me to slow down! I thought it was a decent workout though...and it added 16 points to my activity bank (as I like to call it).
Needless to say, my feet are still hurting, even more so today than yesterday. My legs are fine because I have worked out everyday this week. It's just my feet that pounded pavement for 5 hours yesterday that really hurts!!!
When we got back to South Street Seaport, I was dying of thirst, soooo I was totally craving a HUGE lemonade. So we got 2 large lemonade's and drank them outside on the deck of Pier 17 at the seaport. We sat in chairs that reclined back and just watched the water. It was probably one of the most relaxing moments of my life. I was so happy.
So, here ends the super long post. I'll have more tomorrow about the recipe's that I have been making!! Until then....

That sounds like a wonderful trip! I went to NY with my sister a few years ago and loved it, and like you we walked everywhere! Great photos too - love your sunglasses! :-) That Hershey Bar is amazing!! LOL - Have a great evening :-)
ReplyDelete~Eve
WOW 16 miles!!!! Thats awesome...
ReplyDeleteI love that you calc'd the points for the 5 lb Hershey bar! Awesome! Glad you had such a great trip!
ReplyDeleteYou guys make such a cute couple :). I love his goatee ;)
ReplyDeletethank you x4! =)
ReplyDelete