Sunday, March 29, 2009

MMM! Buffalo Chicken Calzones!

So I am back at school....it's been a boring day. I have been catching up on homework and trying to ignore my growling stomach because today is a low point day. The only good thing about today was my weigh-in this morning. AND.....

My Buffalo Chicken Calzones!!!!!!

If you have been reading my posts since the beginning, you know that I love buffalo chicken! I love hot sauce! YUM. But, buffalo chicken is not so healthy.. especially when it's served with blue cheese. So, here is my spin off of a buffalo chicken calzone.

-1 cup WW shredded mozzarella cheese
-1 chicken breast (diced)
-2/3 cup of tomato sauce
-1 tsp hot sauce (I used a bit more because I like it HOT!)
-1/3 pound pizza dough crust

This makes 4 SMALL servings. 5 points per serving.

Preheat oven to 450. Cook the diced chicken in a pan sprayed with cooking spray. Then in a large bowl, combine cooked chicken, tomato sauce, cheese, and hot sauce. Mix well.

Roll out the pizza dough so that it makes a 12 inch circle. Cut into fourths. Spread 1/4 of the chicken, cheese, tomato sauce, and hot sauce onto half of each fourth. Then, fold the dough together well so that it doesn't open. Cut small slits into the top of each calzone, place each calzone onto a greased baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes.So this is what they look like before going into the oven ^

And... here is what mine looked like after 15 minutes of baking in the oven. It was SO YUMMY!
I dipped mine into light ranch dressing, it was good!!


Hope everyone has a good Monday! =)

Until tomorrow,

Karla =)

No comments:

Post a Comment