Friday was a horrible day. It started with my morning weigh in. I gained.. 3 pounds. Yeah.. I'm not too happy about it. I think, or ... I know rather... that it was because I was getting so nervous for my recital that I was eating everything that I had in my house. I ended up in negative weekly points by the end of my week. NEVER AGAIN! I had my first recital on Friday night and that went SO well which made up for my gain a little bit.
Then Saturday, my grandparents from Maine drove down to see me and they had breakfast with me and my parents. We drove them around town and brought them to people's houses of whom they hadn't seen in years since they used to live in our town. Before I knew it, it was time to get ready for my next recital and so I went home to get ready. My grandparents watched my first recital on Saturday and my Aunt and Uncle watched my second recital on Saturday. It was so much fun to perform in front of them. Especially my grandparents from Maine because they have never seen me dance. It was wonderful.
Then Sunday came around. I spent a lot of the morning sleeping...and then getting ready for my last 2 shows. The first show was crappy....not a lot of people were there and the audience was not very entertained (or so it seemed by their lack of clapping...) But, the second show was AMAZING!! I did my very best as my 2 college roommates, my BF, my other grandparents, my Dad, my brother, my 4 year old cousin, and my Uncle all watched. It's such an indescribable feeling to be performing in front of people, especially family and friends. It's such a high, and I'm a little sad that it's all over! =(
After the show, I saw my friends and family. My Dad had actually come down to see me and my Mom after the show..and.......he had flowers! That is the first time he has ever done that. Usually he just leaves. I was real happy that he chose to stay.
Their were a lot of pictures taken and tons of bouquets of flowers that were given. My BF gave me a dozen roses and a necklace with a tap from a tap shoe on it. It's so beautiful. I love it!
Here are some pictures. Enjoy! =)
Hope everyone had a spectacular weekend, I know I did!!
Til next time..
Karla =)

Great pictures Karla. It looks like you had a great weekend. I love the necklace your BF got you...the picture also shows off your manicure. : )
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful weekend! Who cares about a couple of pounds, you will easily lose that next week! The pictures are brilliant. I love your necklace too - so thoughtful :-) Thanks for your comment on my new blog! I'm glad you like it!
ReplyDelete~Eve
omg dat necklace is beautiful! Wow so dance runs in ur family! no one else danced in my family till me! it came out of nowhere bc I was a tomboy as well! it made me a girl! I o dance everything! x
ReplyDeleteThe Wii Active - my mom has it as well, so I used hers on vacation. I enjoyed it. We did most of the fun stuff like Inline skating, boxing and tennis. I'm looking forward to doing a whole work out with it!
ReplyDeleteI'm following a woman named Bonnie (http://seriously2weightforit.blogspot.com/) who also has it and has written more about it - you'll have to go back about a month for her review of it.
I'm excited to really get into it!!