Thursday, March 4, 2010

Some things never change

A few things..

1. This weekend is going to be FANTASTIC.

Why? Scott is out of the state for the weekend and I can have time for myself. To think. To dance. To kick back, catch up on homework, relax.

2. I'm still figuring out new goals. Still trying to get my motivation & mojo back. It will come back, I know it.

3. I may not be blogging everyday. I don't want this to turn into a diary. I want to write IMPORTANT things in here. Not just about what I did on the weekend. You know?

4. I'm sipping on a mike's hard pink lemonade... and yes... it's noon on a Thursday.

5. I am completely in love and obsessed with this shirt posted below.



This shirt was designed by a Radio City Rockette/professional dancer. She is one of my idols and she has a blog, it's here. It is awesome. She is the best. Very inspiring.

So here is the shirt. It is awesome. I want it. I will probably be ordering it today. It just has a lot of meaning for me. Every line in this shirt is kind of what I live by. Things I want to remember. Things I would like to think I represent. Truth.

Buy it here if you like it too: http://bit.ly/bbCxtu



Here are the words on the shirt:

Be you. But be the very best version of yourself. There is no need to be a cookie cutter version of what you think everyone wants you to be. There is a place for you. Somewhere.

If you get a correction-say thank you. Don’t talk back, don’t fight it, just fix it, or do your best to try. Anyone who is successful in life knows that great accomplishments require great sacrifice.

Do not fabricate or place expectations on anyone but yourself. It will only lead to disappointment. You can only expect the very best from yourself, because you are the only thing you can control. Everyone else is a gamble. Give people love, but do not empty your bank- You have to keep enough love in your own heart to stay full. The people who are worth it will stick around- the people who don't stick will stick somewhere else, and that is just the way it goes.

Choose love. Choose peace. Choose to see the things that you might not like, and try to understand them. Be compassionate towards others.The less you open your heart to others, the more your heart suffers.

Be prepared to lose it all. We cannot control anything in this life but what we do with what we have. You will always be able to stand in the middle of the street and give a mean 5,6,7,8. No one can take that away.

You might wake up one day and everything will be the same and everything will be different and everything and nothing will make sense. You will be happy and sad. You will be hopeful and hopeless.

And that is just the way it is.




I don't know. I kind of like that.



*** Oh. And today, a family friend came over the house. He is the father to a girl that I used to call my best friend. A friend since before I could walk, whom I have not seen in about 2 years. I miss her. I've called her. I've texted her. I've face-booked her. I've done it all to keep in touch. She had tried as well.. I don't blame her. Her mother passed away, and she was lost. I know she needed time to re-situate.

But... about 6 months ago, I gave up. I gave up trying to get in touch. It wasn't worth my trouble. It hurt.

Her Dad told me all about how she's doing. She was in a car accident too like I was, and needed a whole new car, like I did. Crazy. She is also going through a lot of the same things I'm going through. Old relationship died. New boy. Kind of un-motivated. Doesn't know yet which direction she is going to take in this fork in the road that she finds herself in. Kind of like me.

Some things never change. She is still the same. I am still the same. We are kind of the same. And so I cry, just a little... because she could use a friend, and so could I. Maybe I'll call her today. After all... the shirt says Choose to see the things that you might not like, and try to understand them. Be compassionate towards others.The less you open your heart to others, the more your heart suffers."

So here I go again, I will try to open my heart up again. After all, she is my best friend.

Haha, and this picture is her and I.... SO young!




Keep Smiling,



Karla =)

1 comment:

  1. I think I want this shirt! I really wish you well with reconnecting with your friend. It's hard to do what you're doing because it puts you in a vulnerable position. Just go with your instinct. :o)

    ReplyDelete