Monday, March 8, 2010

Rockette Auditions!

So, it is now official. The Radio City Music Hall website has posted this years date for Rockette auditions.

Thursday April 29th, 2010.

Callbacks are Friday April 30th 2010.



Of course the auditions are on a Thursday in late April. I have dance classes on Thursdays, and especially in late April/early May, dance class is mandatory. This is mainly because our recitals are usually in late May/early June. Practices are crucial around this period.

I am sure my instructors would understand if I do end up trying out.


In my heart... I want to try-out, but my body is screaming.. NO!! I haven't really danced since my winter break. I should be using this time to train. I haven't done that. I'm not sure if I'd have enough energy to make it through the audition seeing as though at my mock Rockette audition in the summer, I was dying while doing the eye-high kicks!!


So I'm thinking about it. I am not totally sure if I'm going to try-out or not.


A lot of you may be saying... "What?? This is YOUR dream! What is there to think about?"


And... you'd be right.


But, I am a dancer. I am a perfectionist. I do not want to embarrass myself at an audition filled with girls who eat, sleep, and breath dancing. Dancing is my life. I love it. But, I don't dance nearly enough as I should for this HUGE dream that I have.

But on second thought... why should that stop me? This is MY dream. I shouldn't let potential embarrassment stop me.


So, I'm thinking. I may... and I may not. Either way, I'll be happy with my choice. And my happiness is all that matters.


Keep Smiling,

Karla =)

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're talking yourself out of trying out. That would be a huge shame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed with the above...you've come too far to second guess yourself now!!!!

    Even if you know you aren't ready, how awesome would it be to get those first time gitters out of the way? You'll know what to expect.

    I vote do it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although, it would be awesome to see you go through the audition process, I completely understand what you're saying.

    As a fellow dancer, I can empathize with you about being a perfectionist. I think of perfectionism as a roadblock. Sometimes I thrive and become more perfect and other times I'm not perfect and that prevents me from doing what I want to do.

    Good luck with your decision! It's going to be a tough one. It's important to remember there are people out there that will support your decision 100%. :o)

    ReplyDelete