Not going to lie, I have been very stressed out lately. There is only one person in the world that I want to talk to... vent to... cry with... and she is just as busy as I am lately with work and life and all. I hope you know who you are. =)
But, until I can talk to her... I have Scott, and my close friends, and this blog to vent to.
I'm okay. I'm happy. I'm able to now live in the moment and celebrate my engagement to Scott with him and only him now that the "visiting family" thing has died down a bit. It gets so overwhelmingly crazy at times...it's nice to just sit with him at night and not do a damn thing but smile, and be grateful and happy for the ring around my finger, for the love that we have for each other... for the hand that squeezes mine three times ...saying, "I love you" without even opening his mouth.
=)
But I'm not okay when our love is questioned, or interrogated or deliberately messed with. I sometimes want to scream to the world..."It's OKAY, I'm making a good decision, WE'RE making a good decision. WE love each other and WE are so happy!!" Haha. Ahhh.
I think I just have to grow a thicker skin. That I know.
I know in my heart that I am happy, he is happy, we are happy. I don't need to prove it to anyone. It just bugs me that some people don't ... see it.
I have been reading Scott this book every night. I found a quote from it that I love. Or, a passage I guess you could call it. Here it is....
"I believe so," he said.
"Are you going to tell me?"
"Yes. Ready?"
"Ready."
"Be satisfied."
"That's it?"
"Be grateful."
"That's it?"
"For what you have. For the love you receive. And for what God has given you."
"That's it?"
He looked me in the eye. Then he sighed deeply.
"That's it."
=)
Keep Smiling,
Karla =)

Your life is your life to do with as you wish. And if you're doing what makes you happy then nothing anyone else thinks matters!!
ReplyDeleteI am so happy for you :)
This post made me feel warm and fuzzy on the inside. :) I'm glad you are happy and have found someone to share your happiness with.
ReplyDeleteYou're absolutely right, you don't have to prove your love to anyone. Just focus on yourself, your fiance, your happiness, and your new beginning. :o)
Who are these people who are questioning your love for your fiance? What business is it of theirs? You are lucky to have found each other. That type of happiness or luck or good fortune doesn't happen to everyone. The others are probably just jealous. :-)
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your happiness, in the end you will have the last laugh.