Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Yesterday


...was great.

Went shopping with Scott and bought a TON of food for the week...and maybe a few more weeks. I did a lot of cooking last night, with his help. We made 2 meals. One that we ate last night, and one that I am going to have with him tonight.

Ok, so... what was last nights meal?


Homemade Sloppy Joe- Karla's Healthy Version!

-extra lean ground turkey
-crushed tomatoes
-1/2 cup BBQ sauce...low sodium
-dash of salt/pepper
-few teaspoons of chili powder
-I put hot sauce in (you don't have to)
-chopped up red bell pepper

Now, stir all that up...heat in frying pan over medium heat. Wait til it starts to bubble up a little bit... then we put it into a WW sandwich pocket.

The meat was 4 pts a serving..(about fist size) and the pocket was 2 points. So there you have it.. a 6 point meal. We had some pasta salad along with it filled with celery, carrots, broccoli and other yummy veggies!! This was a huge hit with Scott. It was so filling that he didn't even eat all of his sloppy joe! Success!! This is coming from the guy who told me that all WW and "diet food" is disgusting!! Guess Again!! hahaha!

In the mornings, we will have egg beaters, or fiber one bars with v8 juice or this awesome new orange juice that we found. It has 50% less sugar than your average carton of OJ. The whole carton is... 6 points!!
Scott and I are soon going to start walking at night... right after digesting dinner! I'm really excited. We also play DDR on the Wii a lot, as well as all of the Wii Sports games.

Alright, well... please do try the sloppy joe recipe.. it's amazing!!

More later!


Keep Smiling,

Karla =)

1 comment:

  1. You guys are off to such a great start! Sloppy Joe's with BBQ? Yum!


    Have a great day, Karla!

    ReplyDelete