Sunday, July 18, 2010

I'M ENGAGED!!!

Today was going to be the day that I posted about all the awesome food that I have made/eaten over the weekend. But, I'm going to save that post for tomorrow because,

I'm engaged!!!


How crazy is that??


Yesterday, Scott and I spent the day in NYC. We took a tour of Radio City Music Hall, and I got to actually step foot onto the "great stage". Yeah, I was pretty much in heaven. We walked through Central Park later in the day and I remember telling Scott how I could die happy now since I was able to walk across the stage at Radio City Music Hall. I told him that it was one of the best days of my life and I didn't know how it could get any better. And then he reached into his pocket and got down on one knee! I started balling my eyes out and forgot what else he said to me by that point. It was such a beautiful spot where he did it. The ring that he gave me was his Grandmother's engagement ring for a number of years (until she had it replaced when she renewed her vows) and she gave it to him to give to me. The diamond that is in the ring was a diamond that Scott's step dad (who passed away) gave to his mother... who gave it to Scott to give to me. So, the ring means so much to both him and I. I feel very blessed.

Here are some pictures:

Below: Me on the stage!!

These pictures below are just after he proposed. My face looks blotchy from crying!



Today there will be a small get together at Scott's grandparents house to celebrate. My family is going to meet his family for the first time. We're both excited.

What a fantastic day.



I'm a very lucky girl.


Keep Smiling,

Karla =)

8 comments:

  1. Karla, I'm so happy for you both! What an amazing weekend! Your ring is beautiful! Eeeeek!!! You both deserve all the happiness and joy!! :-D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I FREAKING LOVE YOU. AND I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!
    <3 Connie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to the both of you! How exciting. Beautiful ring. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG!! That is amazing! Congrats dear you deserve all the happiness in the world! And Scott seems like a total sweetheart. I'm so happy for you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I am sooo happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!!! wOw That's great!!! And the ring (and you, actually) both look very sparkly and beautiful :D
    I'm soooo happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I finally found your blog again and to find GREAT news! CONGRATS!!!

    ReplyDelete