Friday, June 4, 2010

Dance Weekend and other exciting news!

First off... a shout out to my friend who just got engaged on her birthday a few days ago... you know who you are. Love you and I am sooo happy for you. Congratulations =)


Dance recitals are this weekend. My dress rehearsal was last night and I have my first show tonight at 7pm. Scott and his Mom will be coming tonight. I'm nervous, but Scott has seen my dance practices before so I am not too nervous. But I am anxious.

It's definitely different, dancing without Mrs. Lathrop. But, her spirit is definitely there with us in the theater and on stage. It's almost kind of eery. Our tribute dance to her is beautiful. There is a slideshow of pictures that will project at the end of the dance.. I saw it yesterday at dress rehearsal and just lost it. She was such an amazing woman. A grandmother to all of her dance students. I don't think the younger students really get it, which makes me sad... one day though, they will.

I have two shows tomorrow and two shows on Sunday as well. It's a lot... and with the heat... and no A/C in our dressing room... it's super, super crazy. The sweat just drips and eventually pours off you. Hooking up our arms for a kick line, you feel everyones sweaty backs. It's wonderful. Haha. Luckily, the theater itself has A/C. So, we are somewhat cool while on stage. YAY.

Other good news--- I got a job. A permanent job. One that I can keep year round. Although, it's a job that is far from my house. Closer to where Scott lives. So, I am planning on moving in with him. It's exciting yet scary at the same time. We are hoping for the best. Living with someone is the true test if you can really tolerate them and stay in a relationship. So, it should be interesting. =)


All for now--

more later... with a few pictures from this weekend!


Wish me luck!



Keep Smiling (you know I will be!),

Karla =)

1 comment:

  1. Aww...thanks for the congrats!! It looks like your recital went awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete