I made a lot of decisions today!
The first one is that I am going to do my research on dance schools near where I live in hopes of joining one and keeping my primary dance school along with it.
This also costs a lot of money, So.. I decided that I would apply for a job over the spring break that I have in March. I am going to apply to a daycare center that I used to work at during high school. Usually, during the summer, I am a day camp counselor...this is a job that always hires me back, no questions asked. It has been the ideal job for me. I love it. I love the kids, (most of them anyway).. I love the pay, I love the hours. I love being out in the sunshine all day. It's an outside job, which is great because I love being outdoors. I am in charge of about 30 campers. I also get to teach dance!! That is the best part. The thing is, it is only in the summer and doesn't start til July. It goes July until August.. and it's only 6 weeks. So...I kind of want something more steady...something that I will have for a longer amount of time.
I have also decided that I am going to get my dance teaching certification! Wow, am I excited! A big thank you to Brandi, who commented on my last post. Sometimes I forget how important dance is to me. I get caught up in "what I am supposed to be doing with my life". Which is trying to further my education and get my teaching degree. For years I always "knew" that I would be a dance major....I wanted to go to NYU in New York City. And my dream was to become a Radio City Rockette. But, nobody believed in me, and my parents wanted me to do something "better" with my life. Since I love children, teaching was the next best option. But, I still have this idea in my head of pursuing my ultimate dancing dream. Sometimes I just need to be reminded that if I want something, why not just go for it.
I talked with my Mom about it today. She seemed to actually go with the idea. She said it would be good for me. I found a school close to my house that offers an 8 class program to get you certified to be a K-12 dance teacher. I am hoping they offer classes during the Summer, but they have not released their Summer schedule yet, so I won't know until later. I'll keep you posted.
Another decision I made today was...I want to get my ears pierced..for the second time. My Mom was very strict with me and I would say that I was kind of a sheltered child for most of my childhood. I was not allowed to get my ears pierced until I was 16. Even then, my Mom was still weary about letting me get them pierced. I remember her being so mad on the long drive to the mall to get them done...she was so mad that I almost wanted to just give up and forget getting them pierced at all.
Well, now I would like to have 2 earrings on each ear. My Mom hates the idea. But, I am 20 now and there isn't very much she can do about it. I want this for me. I want this because it's something I have wanted for awhile now. It's something so silly, but, I just really want it done. So, this coming weekend I am going to make it happen!
Moral of today's post is.... Everyone around me, my parents, my family, my friends...they all try and help me, tell me which direction to drive in, tell me what I should do and when I should do it... and it's all because they love me so much. But, sometimes... it's nice to do things for ME.
Tomorrow is an exciting day for me... first of all, it's my weigh-in because I have changed my weigh-in days from Sunday to Saturday because it will make me eat better on Friday nights. Also, tomorrow, I am going to a "Dinner and a Show" in my town. I have to get all dressed up (which will be fun!) and I am going with my BF, my mom, and my grandparents. A bunch of people are putting on a performance while we eat a dinner. I can't wait. The performance is going to be little skits from different Broadway plays like, Hair, Chicago, and Footloose. Also, skits from Disney favorites like Mary Poppins and Beauty and the Beast. I am SO excited, can't wait.
Diet and exercise went well today. I used 3 of my weekly points. I have 16.5 weekly points left that won't be used. I also never used any of my 18 activity points. I am hopeful for tomorrow's weigh-in....we shall see how it goes. Cross your fingers!
Until then,
-Karla =)

All the best for your weigh-in. Aint sure if you checked out my reply to your last comment ;)
ReplyDeleteOh by the way, Im crossing my eyes for you too ;)
ReplyDeleteGood for you on your big decisions. I know your "pain". I'm 33 and I still talk to my parents about a lot of my decisions.
ReplyDeleteI hope your weigh in is fab! Have fun at the dinner and show.
Michelle
Good luck with the weigh in!
ReplyDelete