Friday, August 13, 2010

TGIF!


So glad that today is Friday. I have been working 9-6 shifts all week. Working with children for this long gets very, very tiring and I am exhausted. But, it brought in some good money. I woke up this morning to a very lovely and rather large paycheck. =)

My engagement party is a week from tomorrow. Scott and I have a lot to do this weekend to prepare for it. All my planning has finally come down to this! I'm excited. I'm putting together a slide show on my Mac of pictures of us along with some music that is very special to us. It makes me tear up when I see it.

WW is going well. Scott is doing SO well. I am doing fine too, but I am used to it, where as Scott, isn't. I am so impressed with how well he is doing. He is really enjoying cooking with me too. So much so that he looked into going to school to be a chef. We actually toured a culinary school the other day and he may start in January. I'm happy for him.

WW is hard during that time of the month. I am constantly wanting to eat. It stinks. Thankfully, it only happens about 2 or 3 days out of a month.

Dance starts up again soon. I am SO excited. Wait. Scratch that. I am BEYOND excited. All summer, I feel like I've been cooped up. On my birthday, Scott helped me pull out my wooden dance board that I tap dance on. That was the first time I had danced since my recital. I hate that my dance season is only during school season. Anyway, I re-register for dance on the 21st. This will be my 18th time doing so. =)

My birthday was last Friday. It was a lot of fun. My parents were leaving for Baltimore for the weekend, so Scott and I watched their pets for them. It was nice just being with Scott and relaxing for once. We basically did nothing all day (we both had the day off from work and were exhausted). But, he took me out to dinner to this place called, The Melting Pot. I had always wanted to go... and I am so glad that we went. It was awesome!! It's a fondue restaurant and you basically cook, and dip your food into delicious bowls of deliciousness!!

If you have a Melting Pot near you (they are located in various places throughout the world), then YOU should really consider going! Trust me... you will not regret it!!
The day after my birthday was spent hanging out with my best friend in the whole wide world. We went out to lunch and also got ice cream. It was so nice seeing her again. =)

Sunday, Scott had a birthday party for me with his side of the family. It was so nice. He made the food, and also bought a cake. I don't think I stopped smiling that whole weekend. Scott got me some clothes for "back-to-school" and also made me a nice dinner of lobster ravioli!!!

* * *

In two weeks, Scott and I will be on vacation! We aren't too sure where we are going because our lack of money has changed all of our plans. We may go to a beach somewhere for 2 or 3 days or maybe up to Maine to visit my grandparents.... that is just about all we can afford. We are really focused on saving up for a new place to live and of course, the wedding.

I hope to set a date soon. My plan is to get it set by the end of September. I hope.



Not too much else to post about... except a letter that I wrote to my friend, Dance.



Dear Dance,

My life is boring without you in it. Please come back to me. Oh, and you can invite Inspiration to come along with you. I could use some of that in my life too.

Thanks in advance,

Love Always,

Your Friend,

Karla



Hahaha


Keep Smiling,

Karla =)

No comments:

Post a Comment