Sunday, August 29, 2010

Engagement Party, Vacation...and now...back to reality.

My Engagement party could not have gone any smoother. Both families got along well, the food was great, my parents helped me so much, and everyone had a great time. The only thing that I wished could have been better is that I wish I could have spent time with each individual person... but things were too crazy to do that at times.

My parents bought us a beautiful white cake that tasted just as good as it looked, and a lot of our family members made and brought food. I was very thankful for everyone's help and encouragement. I was so nervous that something would go wrong. I especially get tons of support from Scott's grandmother. She was an amazing help to me, as well as my Mom. I couldn't have been happier with the outcome.


Just 2 days after the party, Scott and I headed south to Maryland. We enjoyed our 4 day stay in Ocean City. The sun rarely came out and it was cold and windy... but we sure made the best of it. We ate at several different restaurants and had lots of seafood! We also tried to jump in the pool once and did some shopping. We went on a huge ferris wheel and also on a speed boat ride. We got to see dolphins and we played 3 games of mini golf.










Now that our vacation is over, I have realized that I have most likely put on 5-7lbs from the past 2 weeks of vacationing and partying.

Now that school starts tomorrow, I plan on buckling down again and getting back in the WW groove. Luckily, we went grocery shopping yesterday and I have to cook all my meals for the week tonight. Everything will be ready to go when needed during the week nights. I love making my life easier by doing that. Cooking ahead of time not only makes life easier, but makes it harder to cheat when it comes to WW.

I'm both nervous and excited for school tomorrow. This was by far the best summer of my life. I spent a lot of time with the love of my life... I moved in with him... our relationship got stronger and better, I was able to go onto the Great Stage at Radio City Music Hall, I got engaged, I had a wonderful birthday, I had a fantastic engagement party, and then it all ended with a very relaxing vacation. I couldn't have asked for a better summer.

Today I'm doing tons of cooking, some back to school wardrobe shopping, dinner at the Olive Garden =) .... and then it's early to bed for me. I get up at 5am now. Boooo..


Updates on school to come!


Keep Smiling,

Karla =)

1 comment: