Thursday, April 8, 2010

Where have I been?

Good question.


Well... about a week or so ago... a good friend of mine said to me, "Your blog is almost unreadable".


Did this make me mad/upset?

No. He has always been completely honest with me all the time, and I love the fact that he says what is on his mind, no matter what. It's something that I love/envy about him.

In a way, he is right and in a way, he is wrong.

He is right in some ways because my blog is no longer about weight loss or goals or anything of that nature. It is more about my day to day life and the new things that are happening for me. I will not be trying out for the Rockette's this year- even though I did say I was going to try for that... and of course I have a bunch of excuses as to why I won't be trying out... but I'll keep them to myself.

My dream of becoming a Rockette has been such a huge part of my life for as long as I can remember. It is now what drives me to become a better dancer since my mentor, Mrs. Lathrop, has passed away.

I AM going to be trying out. The time just isn't right right now. I am so focused on school and teaching that I cannot give myself the right amount of time that is needed to prepare for such an important audition-- an audition that could change my life, forever.

I worked so hard all throughout winter break. I was dancing almost everyday for 2-3 hours at a time. I was taking ice baths to help with muscle pain. I was eating right. I was doing it all! Once school started, I didn't dance nearly as much.

My focus has shifted to other things. But the dream is STILL there and ALWAYS will be. One day I will try out. I made that promise to myself and to Mrs. Lathrop. I would never let myself or Mrs. Lathrop down.

Believe in me. Because I believe in me. Don't think that I just gave up. Karla doesn't give up.


So I'm sorry that this blog is boring. But here is where my friend is wrong...

This blog is about me. This blog is about my life. Things constantly change in my life. I have a new boyfriend, whom is someone I talk about frequently on here because he's become a large part of my life. He makes me happy. I also have started a new teaching position at an elementary school near my house. I am teaching fifth grade with another (veteran) teacher. It keeps me very busy. School is going well...and also keeps me fairly busy. I am taking poetry and fiction writing classes. I actually one day want to become a children's author! That would be so cool! Maybe I could write a children's book about life as a Rockette!

So, all in all-- I can write about what I want to write about because this is my blog. If you don't like what I write-- don't read. Simple as that.

But... to my friend, whom I respect and appreciate more than anything-- you just wait for that day where I call you up screaming because I made the Rockettes! Just you wait!


Dance tonight! We're on stage! Going to be weird without Mrs. Lathrop. Five more classes until recitals. I'm excited yet sad.

More later..

Keep Smiling,

Karla =)

4 comments:

  1. You know I'll be here reading no matter what you're talking about :)

    Your blog = Your Topic Choice!

    Keep it coming lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. btw thanks :)

    http://brandishealthyjourney.blogspot.com/2010/04/what-gray-wednesday.html

    That post will catch you up with most of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey :)
    I'm still reading!!! And I have no doubt that one day you WILL be a rockett. AND a kid's author. You'll have it all :) hehe... just keep your priorities straight and you'll be WAAAAY up there :)
    much love
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the tryouts! I'm sure you will do a great job. :) I have a blog award for you, so stop on by and pick it up.

    http://laurakay428.blogspot.com/2010/04/blog-awards.html

    ReplyDelete