Thursday, February 26, 2009

Just Dance

Dance class went well today. Except for some things that weren't so great.

Here were the good things-

+ I feel 10 million billion trillion zillion times more flexible (THANK YOU PILATES!)
+ I feel way more energized (THANK YOU PILATES)
+ I feel confident in all of my dances (Thanks to TONS of practicing)
+ I practice so much that I dance in my dreams.
+ I stayed after class to just dance by myself, with no one around. It was amazing and I want to do it more often. It's so much different to tap dance with a group where it's 15 sounds made into one. But when you really get to hear just yourself, it's an amazing feeling. It was fun.

Here were the not so good things-

- I am not challenged anymore.
- No one in the class takes dance as seriously as I do.
- No one, absolutely no one PRACTICES!! What the heck people???!
- Because no one practices, we NEVER move on! We spend the whole class going over things we ALREADY LEARNED because people DON'T practice. It's frustrating.
- I have absolutely nothing to practice this week because we learned nothing.
- I really love this dance school but I need to be challenged...I'm thinking about finding another school.


While I was dancing alone after every one had left...I was seriously thinking about minoring in dance. Dance is my whole life! I dance every single day. I dance around my apartment so much that I drive my roommates up the wall at times. I would absolutely love to have some legitimate background in dance so that I could earn some cash teaching youngsters how to dance. I love to dance, I love to teach, I love kids, and earning some money would be nice too. Hmm... a possible dance minor may be in my future. =)

Well, I ended today with 6 activity points added because of my pilates and dance workouts. And I have about 2.5 points left in my day but am usually not hungry after dance, so I won't be using them up.

Good news....one of my roommates and I have plans to climb up a HUGE cliff once it gets warmer out. We want to do it 3 times a week and then maybe do it 5 days a week. It takes an hour to walk up and back down..and it is quite the workout. You can see the whole world once you get to the top, it is soo wonderful.

Now, Spring has to come..........Dear Spring, Please get here FAST! Love, Karla.

Hope your day was spectacular!

Until next time,

Karla =)

4 comments:

  1. I have GOT to get to Pilates....You sound encouraged by it...Great deal
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it helps me out so much. I really didn't have much faith in it but believe me, it works!
    =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you...SPRING GET HERE NOW!!!

    :)

    You know...if its that important to you a minor in dance may not be a bad idea. Its something you love and it would satisfy that drive in you. If its something that will help complete you..I vote do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brandi- Thank you for that, I should do it. I actually just started looking at some schools online about it. I'll keep you posted. =)

    ReplyDelete