Also woke up to a terrible sore throat, coughing, and nausea. I have been feeling that way all weekend, which is also lovely.
But, I'm smiling because well... that's just what I do.
As I type this, I am looking at the picture I have on my dresser of Mrs. Lathrop and her husband Mack, posing for a black and white picture after one of their performances in the 1930s. She is 20 years old.

I bought the picture from a guy who was selling some of his father's old stuff. His father had passed away, and the picture was found in a box of his things. The son put the picture on ebay, and I just happened to come across it.
Mrs. Lathrop passed away a year ago yesterday.
I looked back on some of my old posts from around that time. I cried a little, thought about how quickly a year went by, and then spent the morning at church with Scott. I prayed for her, and for the dance school. It was my Aunt's birthday, so I went to her birthday party later in the day. We talked for a bit about how much we miss Mrs. Lathrop (since my Aunt dances with me too). No tears were shed.
I was proud of myself.
I love and miss her so much, but mostly when I think about her now, I smile. And, I know that that's just what she would have wanted me to do.
We are having a party for her this Thursday at dance. I can't wait. It's going to be a small celebration of her life. I am making stuffed mushrooms. Scott is going to come too. Champagne will also be part of this night, Mrs. Lathrop's favorite. I know she will be watching down on us, as she does every Thursday night. =)
Mrs. Lathrop, I love you.
And as she would say...
"Keep Smiling"
-Karla =)

No comments:
Post a Comment