Many apologies for that. My life has been one of those crazy/full speed ahead/riding without a helmet kind of lives for the past few weeks. I am barely ever home between school, babysitting, working, and trying to squeeze in time with family/Scott.
My finals are this week. I have 2 more papers to write and then I am done! I'm excited to be done with school and all moved out of my dorm. I haven't lived in my dorm ever since my medical issues last month and then medical issues within my family. So, I was basically moved out anyway but now I just have to take out all of my stuff. Scott is going to help me move out tonight, yay!
Dance has been going very well. Recitals are soon and I cannot wait. My totally awesome roommate is coming to my recital, along with most of my family, and Scott and his family. It should be fun. It will be difficult without Mrs. Lathrop around, but I know that my class and I will push each other to keep going.
Dance pictures came in the other day. I put them on Facebook, but here they are for all of you who aren't friends with me on Facebook.
Below: My class and I (Circus by Britney Spears)
Below: Me in the costume for Mrs. Lathrop's tribute dance (Smile- by Barbara Streisand)

You know, I may not be a Rockette, but I am a Starduster. The Starduster's meant so much to Mrs. Lathrop and also mean so much to me. It's part of who I am as a person. Dancing for me all comes down to one thing... and that is ... doing what I love.
It's such an amazing feeling to be dancing on stage in front of friends/family and having your Aunt dancing right beside you. It's also nice to glance backstage while performing and seeing your own mother peeking in at you from behind the stage curtain, all dressed up in her costume with her class that is about to perform next.
It's a family thing, it's an exhilarating thing, it's a dance thing....
... it's my thing.
Keep Smiling,
Karla =)

It's good to hear from you again I've missed your posts. Glad things are going good for you, you look awesome in your dance outfits :-)
ReplyDeleteI've missed your posts!!!
ReplyDeleteI hope the move and the coming summer are wonderful for you :)