Although, there is one particular blog that is definitely one of my favorites to read. This blogger that I speak of posts the most interesting and thought provoking posts that I love to read. The blog that I speak of is, Confessions of a Wandering Soul.
Anyway, lately, she posted an email that she had received from someone about $250 Neiman-Marcus cookies. Long story short... a woman wanted the cookie recipe for a Neiman-Marcus cookie, and she bought it for "two fifty" which most people would think was $2.50.....until she got her bill for $250. A BIG difference. She couldn't get her money back after countlessly trying to......sooo... she decided to email this $250 recipe to everyone she knew.
Anyway, I commented on this post and told Confessions of a Wandering Soul that being the chocolate chip cookie lover that I am, I was excited to try this recipe. And..........I did!
To be completely honest... these cookies were NOT worth $250. BUT, they were delicious.
I made them because, I wanted to try them out... buttt... also because, tomorrow night, I have to cook diner and dessert for my 94 year old dance teacher.
At the end of every dance year, the Stardusters (my dance class), buy her a present. Since she has gotten older, we have been making her dinners instead. Each dancer in the group will pick one week out of the summer in which they make her dinner and eat with her. I did it last Summer, and will be doing it again tomorrow with my Aunt Linda, who also dances with me.
My Aunt is making the dinner, so I decided to make these Neiman-Marcus cookies. They are really really good. I just can't imagine spending $250 for them. That poor woman who had to do that!
Anyway, thank you Confessions of a Wandering Soul. They are delightful and I think my dance teacher will love them! =)
*On a different note...my weigh-in is tomorrow.
I have kept up with my points. Have not gone over my points. Have stuck to the Wendie Plan. Have not eaten anything terribly bad for me. Although, I haven't been working out....
I am crossing my fingers for a loss... or ... at least not a gain!!
Until next time,
Karla =)

Karla,
ReplyDeleteThank you for the beautiful comment on my blog. I'm an ardent supporter of your blog too. I could easily relate to you in so many levels. You are a bundle of positive energy and you have so much to give. You are a beautiful soul Karla. Btw,glad to know that the $250 cookie turned out well :). Have a great weekend.
haha dat is hilarious! karla ur such a legend!
ReplyDelete