Luckily, I spent a bunch of time with my maid of honor last night and this morning. We did a little shopping and just caught up on life.
It was nice to get back to dance. I went to dance for the first time since May on Thursday. And like I said, I was so glad to be back. We have a new studio, which I loved. It was also good to see everyone. We started 2 dances already. It felt great dancing again. I hadn't danced much all summer long.
Dance for me really is the "cure-all". It clears my head and gets me focused and in a better mood. Dancing has always been able to do that for me. It cures me of all things. There is truly nothing in life that dancing can't make better. There is a certain type of dance for every mood... whether to a tune in your head, or a song on the radio.
Thank god for music... because without it... there wouldn't be dance. Although I am also a firm believer of ... "those who don't dance really don't hear the music"
In wedding news-
Scott and I are deciding between 2 places for our wedding venue. Really, the decision will come down to a matter of less expensive versus more expensive. Both areas are lovely. I do prefer one over the other...but I would be just as happy with either one.
Colors have been chosen, and I have a good idea of what kind of dresses I want for my bridesmaids/maid of honor... and also for myself. No shopping has been done yet... that won't be until later. But, it's nice to think about and prepare for ahead of time! =)
The guest list has been written, and re-written... and will probably be re-re-written. Ha!
We both want a small, intimate wedding. So, we are looking at around 100 people. I don't want anything too extravagant or big...and neither does Scott. It's hard to cut down on guests though as we are both afraid to upset certain people who we may choose not to invite. It's so hard! Never knew that planning a wedding was so tough... but it is also so much fun and exciting.
Congrats to Holly!! Holly- If you are reading this, I'm so happy for you! So glad you bought your dress, I hope you love it! =)
Not too much else is happening in my life. Just working, going to school, and enjoying my crazy life. =)
Keep Smiling,
Karla =)

I have been such the slacker with blogging and commenting lately!!!! Things are so busy at work. *sigh* But yes, I got my dress and since I can't post it on fb, I'll have to do a post on my blog! Thanks for the congrats!
ReplyDeleteYou're going to have SOOO much fun shopping when you go. Love is such a wonderful thing.
I'm glad to see you're still doing well and dancing! Good luck with your venue choice. I think the most shocking thing for me (price wise) has been the flowers. Who knew they could cost so much?!?!
I enjoy reading your updates so much. They bring smiles to my face which is pretty much ALWAYS smiling now anyway :)
ReplyDeleteI hope all the planning continues to go smoothly and that you and Scot have a great time catching up when he gets home!!
Can't wait to follow more updates of your wedding plans! And hopefully get a wee sneaky peek at your dress?! Ha ha! Hope you are having a wonderful weekend! Great to catch back up on your blog :-)
ReplyDelete